Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rolling, walking and waving good-bye

On Monday, February 16th, 2009 Arwen rolled all the way over all by herself.
Now for her this was a forgotten skill. She had been able to do it since she was born and stopped when she was about 2 months old when she started to pack on the pounds. Now she takes great pleasure in rolling from one toy to the next. While on her stomach she kicks her legs in the vain hope that it will get her somewhere, but alas nothing happens and she returns to the rolling.

I find myself in the middle. As a parent I want my children to grow up and become indepenant and productive adults but I can't help miss when she was younger.
I ask my mom what was her favorite ages for us girls and her response is "I enjoyed my children and every age." And she does. Too many parents spend their time dreading the next step and labling their children to be terrible toddlers, sassy brats, irresponsible teenages and then of course their baby that goes off to college.
Truely we should enjoy our children at every age and tell them of their great potential and when that day comes that they leave our house we can be confident in the fact that we taught them well and not regret missing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment