Monday, March 9, 2009

Never stop learning

A wise man will learn from the mistakes of others. A smart man will learn from their own mistakes. A fool will always be surprised by a mistake and continue on as if nothing happened and is doomed to repeat it.

When you change a child's diaper it is important to give them a little bit of "air time" just to be sure they've emptied their bladders and have your next diaper ready for a possible shield.

Arwen is right at that place where she's a bit big for her size two diapers but a little small for the three diapers. I went ahead and bought the threes just to see how they would work. Still too big.
Last night while I was putting her to sleep I was quite surprised when all of a sudden my lap was wet. Sure enough the threes weren't tight enough around her waist and since she was laying down it was like a little river.
Today I used up the last of the twos and decided to get some more tomorrow.
Chris had a special training at work and would be gone the whole evening. Arwen and I were watching Dancing with the Stars when I hear the dreaded not just before bed noise, *flarpp*. I decided to be quick just in case of a blow out but I was too late it came out at the leg.
It was quite messy but manageable. I had her mostly cleaned off when I lifted her legs to clean her back and all of a sudden a fountain of poop came shooting out across the room! Good gracious. I cleaned her once again, barricaded the carpet area and gave her a quick bath and then off to bed.

Wise, smart or a fool? I pick option four, just an off day.

No comments:

Post a Comment