Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wedding day

Tomorrow my friend Kristie is getting married.
Some of my earliest memories of living here in Idaho are of her. I can't remember when we met, only that I've always known her.
Our pastor likes to incorporate stories about the bride and groom into his wedding message and it got me to thinking about all the times we shared.
Most of the ones I can think of involve something happening to me that would cause her to laugh.
During the summer I would help her mom, who ran a day care out of her home, and I would take the older kids down to the movie theater once a week for the summer kids movie. What worked out really well was for me to stay the night and get up the next morning we'd all just head out. Being such that we have beautiful summer nights Kristie and I would sleep outside on the trampoline. One of our favorite games was to wrap ourselves up in our sleeping bags and try to bounce the other person higher. (For those of you who've done this you know exactly what I'm talking about, for those of you who don't I would suggest finding someone who does and have the try it out with you while recording it.) Anyway. When we first met I was one and half heads taller than her but by now was well passed me. So we're jumping and it's time to fall, Kristie can't tell this part without laughing, she tells me that all she could see was my sleeping bag flying high into the air and all of a sudden my "skinny little arms" come flailing out in a panic.

We discovered 'N SYNC together. I still prefer the Backstreet Boys though. Brian just turned out so well, who wouldn't love them?

I think of all my friends she's the one I'll be the most silly with.
One time when the youth group went camping... I really don't remember how it came about but I ended up performing a "friendship ceremony" for her and another friend. I wish I could remember how it came about, maybe we were just board, but we had a flower girl, a song and friendship bracelets or something and I "married" them as friends forever. Ah good times. It's fun to be silly.

On another camping trip she went above and beyond when she held my hair as I "lost my lunch" from a freak up-set tummy. I could have held my own hair but she did it anyway. Thanks buddy.

Kristie, you will have a wonderful marriage. You are a true and faithful friend and it's been my privilege to know you like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment