Thursday, April 2, 2009

Teachers

I was thinking about my old Sunday School teachers today.

My earliest memory was when I was about 3 years old and I wanted the nursery worker to put me in the top crib so I could see the whole room (the cribs at church were the stacking wall ones). Despite my instructions to her she continued to put me in the bottom crib. Later on after church was over and everyone was visiting I sneaked back up to the nursery, blocked the door so no one could get in to stop me, I climbed up to the top crib and shut the gate. After enjoying my victory it was then that I noticed that I couldn't lift the gate and the door was blocked so no one could come to my aid. Long story short, the nursery door was a dutch door and a gentleman from church was able to wiggle the latch to open the top half.
I'm still not comfortable being somewhere if I don't know where all the exits are.


What really got me to thinking about teachers was one of them passed away this week. I really can't remember her teaching alone, her husband was always there. Not because she wasn't capable, but because that's how it was, they were always there for each other.
My teacher passed away before she had any grandchildren. My heart is sad when someone young dies. I think about the things that others will miss. My grandmother died before I was born and I really wish I could have met her. My mom tells me stories about her but it's not the same thing.
We'll meet someday. My hope is in the Lord, He's my Savior. When I die I'll spend eternity in heaven with Him along with the rest of His followers including my grandmother. No worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment