Friday, April 10, 2009

Date night

Tonight Chris called a friend of ours to see if she would be willing to watch the baby so we could go to a movie, which she was, so we went. (I'm so thankful to have a husband who will make childcare arrangements.)
We saw "Paul Blart: Mall Cop". It was a pretty good movie. I don't know that I would buy it but I don't have any negative feedback. I love Kevin James. I love it when an actor gives everything he's got to a role.
Sidenote.
Before the movie we went to Sonic. I had the $.99 chicken strip sandwich and then just ate the chicken. Take note, because the chicken strip (2) meal is almost $5 but you could just get the sandwich, small fry, small drink for $3 and it would just about be the same thing and since the portions are smaller it helps with the waistline.
Someday I plan to take a group of geeks to a movie and have them all sit around me so that I don't have to listen to the weirdos I usually get at the movies. But the plan is flawed because we geeks don't usually have a large group of friends to surround us, we tend to travel in groups of 3 or less. And you can't take the cool kids because they're the ones chatting or texting through the whole movie. So alas, I will be content to go with my few friends and endure the conversations around me.

2 comments:

  1. You're a cutie, and I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get out with your hubby. Rich and I didn't start 'dating' again until after Zachary was born...we didn't know just how important it was for Mommy and Daddy to get a break now and then. Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete