Saturday, January 24, 2009

Smokin' day of rest

I had a miscommunication with my realtor about when we were having an open house. I thought it was today but she meant next Saturday. Since the house was all clean when I got home there was nothing to do. Chris needed to go to bed (he works the graveyard shift), I took a short nap with him until the baby woke up and I was left pondering what to do since there is always something to do.
Instead I did nothing. The baby and I played, watched tv and had a bath. I don't know how long it's been since I never had a "to do list" running in the back of my mind.
It was a great day of rest.

Last night my sister and nieces came over and helped bake cookies for the assumed open house. The girls stayed the night and Amanda went home and was able to sleep through the night.
Tonight after the baby went to bed I decided to warm some of the cookies in the microwave for a quick snack. I wanted the chocolate chips to be completely melted so I set the timer for 30 seconds. While they warmed I went into the other room to watch tv, went back into the kitchen to find smoke billowing out. I opened the door and the cookies were smokin'! I grabbed a towel and waved the smoke away and used it as a holder to take out the plate and out it in the sink to run water over, which started another short round of smoke.
I must say that I'm dumb founded. I've warmed cookies for that long before, I didn't use a weird plate and I know there wouldn't be any metal in the cookies. The only difference is that I used the pre-made dough instead of making it from scratch.
Either way the house now stinks of burnt cookies.
The hidden blessing is that I don't have any showings tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment