Friday, January 16, 2009

Change happens

I don't like change. Mostly I don't like learning something new when the old worked fine for me. I'm still getting used to this whole blog thing. It's frustrating that I can imagine what I want but haven't figured out how to use it.
My aunt Marian told me a story about when I was young that I wouldn't play with the other children at first. I would sit and watch their games and half way through when I had figured out all the rules and how to play I would join in. I'm happy she told me that because I still find myself doing that to this day. I don't play games unless I know I can win. I don't have to win, I just have to know it's possible for me. Most recently I played a game with friends that I didn't like the sound of, had observed before and after playing still don't like it. It's one of those creative games where you have to act, sing, write a poem or who knows what else. Truly I would have more fun watching or listening to others play while I color.
Another change I don't like; Microsoft Office 2007. LAME!! I'm not a fan of Vista but I'm a much bigger not fan of the new office. Grr. I spent 2 minutes just trying to zoom out of a document. What was wrong with the old that it needed to be changed? Or did they just change for the sake of changing? Crazy extroverts, don't they know we introverts don't appreciate them messing with our little world?
True. I wouldn't be the woman I am today had it not been for those people pulling me out of my comfort zone and I wouldn't change that one bit, but Office 2007 is completely unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment