Saturday, July 11, 2009

A year ago today

A year ago today I was cooking the books out at my grandma's old house. My sister Heather came and had lunch with me. Almost in foresight she asked if she could take a picture of me because she didn't know how much longer I was going to be pregnant and didn't want to miss it. We are all praying for another 3 weeks even though I was due in 2. You see Chris had just started his new job at the prison and needed to be gone for 4 weeks at POST, Peace Officer Standards Training. He was 1 week in and had 3 more to go. He had already planned to be home every weekend. So I guess we were really praying 2 prayers, for the baby to come after Chris finished POST or for her to be born on a weekend.

The fateful picture.


I ate dinner with my parents since Chris wouldn't be back from Boise until later that evening. I remember my dad talking to me and thinking that I was just worn out and really had no idea what he was saying.
Chris ended up getting home later than expected but that didn't matter because Saturday is a sleep-in day. I had already made a list of last minute items I thought we should have at the house before the birth and we were planning to sleep-in and then go to the store and just relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment