Friday, July 3, 2009

Wedding day part 2

Last week I went to my sister-in-laws wedding.
I was more than pleased when Cindy asked for some help with the planning and decorations. I love to decorate and dream up beautiful things for beautiful events. I had plenty of ideas but to match those up with my tomboy, out doorsie sister-in-law was going to stretch my creativeness. We went for a simple outside-in look for the church and I have to say I'm very pleased with how it turned out.



As if I didn't have a lot to do, I needed a dress for Arwen but the stores were lacking in original cuteness. So on a whim I went to the fabric store and bought fabric and notions and recruited my mom for help in making a dress. I would cut the pattern, mom would sew the pieces on the machine and I would do the hand stitch.
This isn't the best picture but she's just so cute.


The week before the wedding Cindy 100% decided on silk flowers instead of a mix and match. I was relieved because I've never worked with real flowers before and we wouldn't have to keep them alive and wax the ends. I love how well they turned out too. I'll post those pictures later.

Confession time.
Cindy didn't want to go and have her hair done, understandable because if she did she wouldn't look like herself, but she needed something done with her hair I mean come on it's your wedding day! So I offered to do it. I really don't like doing hair, I'm not that good and my imagination is limited. We're at the church and it's time for the hair, thankfully Cindy said she just wanted a simple long braid down the back, I was still praying the whole time though that it wouldn't like a hand less weirdo touched it. It ended up looking great and I put a couple roses in the end and spinner jewels in the top for a final touch.
(The rose fell out)


Aren't they cute?


Note to self: At the next wedding be sure the single ladies aren't facing the sun, they'll never know what hit 'em.






Cindy looked beautiful. Pete was hansom. There's no doubt that he'll take good care of her. I was so proud to be a part of their special day and look forward to the years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everything came together nicely. Thanks for sharing! Arwen's dress looks darling!

    ReplyDelete