Saturday, August 15, 2009

To pierce or not to pierce

My parents said I needed to be 16 before I could pierce my ears. When I turned 16 I really didn't care about my ears that much and decided not to do it.
I revisited the idea when I was engaged but you never know what's going to happen and I thought it would be just my luck to get an infection and my ears would have to be removed just before my wedding day. Sure, call me crazy but it could happen.
When I see a pair of earrings I really like I think I should just go ahead and do it. Then I remember a couple of things.
I'm lazy. When it comes to cleaning new piercings I would do terribly. By the time I get Arwen to bed and the dishwasher loaded I would rather just sit in my jammies and work on FarmTown while watching TV.
Also, I want earrings that would dangle and with all the kids running around that just wouldn't work.
I'll wait. Maybe someday the mood will catch me just right and I'll go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment